Thursday, January 18, 2007

Sharing Husband..... The Movie

I have not seen that many Indonesia movies, but today I pay my respect to one particular movie called "Berbagi Suami" which literally means "Sharing Husband". It has made its mark globally in various international movie awards. And what is the jest of this movie you may ask?? Well, its about polygamy which is widespread in Indonesia. The producer of this very clever movie links the emotions of women who succumb to such phenomenon. I was particularly impress with the way the story falls into place and how life perceives itself. You would not even have felt that this was a two and a half hours show.... and like two other malay movies that I have also enjoyed just as much, Sepet and Gubra (Sepet 2), a Malaysian production, I salute the movie producers of South East Asia for their quality and excellent movie making!!!!

And what caught my attention from this movie was the soundtrack which I first heard in MTV Jus one Sunday morning. A band that you would never would have expected to be a really cool Indonesia group called, White Shoes and Couples Company. I love their style (ala 60s/70s) and their songs. I am still looking for their album and for those in Indonesia reading this, send me the Album!!!!

I leave you with the music video of White Shoes and Couples Company and the sound track of the movie, Berbagi Suami, entitled Sabda Alam... enjoy....

No comments: