Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Close Call


Yesterday on my way home from work, I decided to top up my fuel tank. It rained heavily earlier in the day and continued to drizzle till then. A car was infront of me and was driving at a moderate speed of about 75km/hr. Since the road was slippery, I decided to just tag along behind. Nearing the fuel station, we had to go through a traffic light. It was green and this car infront of me decided to slow down.... And I was wondering what this driver was trying to do. I could not overtake as cars were zooming at the fast lane typically trying to avoid the amber light.

All of a sudden, the driver in the front halted completely as soon as the amber light came on!!! What the @?#%??? I immediately stepped on my brakes and had to swerved my car to the side to avoid ramming into the back.

Only then did I get a good view of the driver!! Woman!!!! I then realise what she was doing. She slowed down waiting for the amber lights!!!Not that I am against woman drivers, but why is it that everytime I get funny drivers, its woman!!

The other day, it was at the airport. The first two cars infront were women and I found it amusing how they try to feed the ticket into the machine. The first car over-shot the machine and after much discussion, told the back passenger to slot in the ticket... after 10 mins!!! The second car... again another woman. She got her car at the correct position but decided NOT take out her shade. So instead opened her car door. The only problem with that was, she parked too closed to the machine and could not open the door fully. I was almost on the floor with tears in my eyes when I saw what she did. She got her little son out of the car to slot in the ticket!!!

Lord!!! I raise my case!!

No comments: