Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Food Glorious Food....


I have been told that my eyes are bigger than my stomach... well... I suppose that goes for the rest of my friends and the whole of Brunei too... It seems that at every meeting, even for just half an hour, a whole array of scrumptous food awaits us and we eagerly look forward to it.... though secretly....

This year alone, I have attended one too many functions and all with food at the end. Some of which are pleasing to the eye with an interesting "localised" taste to it. For example, the one on the left is called "Panna Cotta Cempedak" topped with Raspberry, Cranberry and Strawberry, a summer-ish dessert.

Main courses are something to be reckon with. Like the follow picture on the right, "Tandoori Masala Burung Puyuh", aka Tandoori Masala Quail... yum..yum...

Then there are the chinese dishes which piles you up like there is no tomorrow. Those who have never been to a chinese wedding before are in for a surprise. Be warned that the first dish that comes your way is not the end!! Its just the beginning followed by 7 more dishes after that!! So don't pack it all in on the first dish!!

To end, I present to you my favourite dish of all time.... Yam in the Basket and I could not care less what is inside, be it seafood, buttermilk chicken or prawns, or whatever... I'll eat the fried yam alone....

So have I made your mouth watered???

No comments: